- Multimedia Networking
- Adaptive multimedia streaming and content distribution.
- Network Measurement and Characterization
- Measurement and characterization of social networks and P2P networks.
- Network Security
- Direct countermeasures against network security attacks (e.g., worms, phishing, botnets, sybil attacks) and fundamental security issues and solutions at the network architecture and protocol level (e.g., Internet routing, DNS, and P2P networking).
- Cloud Computing Security
- Investigating methods for securing the cloud infrastructure against attacks on computation and stored data.
- Communications Security
- Protection mechanisms for telephony networks and mobile infrastructure.
- Securing Interdomain Routing
- Cryptographic algorithms and constructions for securing routing in the Internet.
- Computer/Communication Networks
- Graph theoretic approaches to efficient network communication.
- BONSAI: Bridging Open Networks for Scientific Advancement and Innovation