- ACM Programming Contest
- Each fall the CIS Department sponsors teams of undergraduates at the
regionals of the
ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest.
- Luks Programming Contest
- Each year, the CIS Department hosts a programming competition for grads and undergrads.
- Juilfs Programming Prize
- Starting in 2009, the CIS Department hosts a contest for students in the 100- and 200-level courses.
- Student Research Poster Contest
- Students submit a poster describing their research. A faculty committee selects the winners and awards prizes that have ranged from cash awards to unicycles and gift certificates.