Student Groups and Activities
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- The ACM is the student-organized arm of the CIS department. It's goals include: tutoring and support for new undergraduates, hosting student social activities, and promoting the Open Source movement by improving our knowledge of Open Source software and promoting and supporting the use of Open Source software on campus.
- UO Dev Club
- The web development club at the University of Oregon is intended for new,
intermediate, and advanced web developers/designers. Our goal is to build a strong web development/design community at the University of Oregon, with members from all majors and academic disciplines.
- UO Security Club
- The goal of the UOSec club is to gather a group of like minded individuals together who are interested in increasing their knowledge of information security. There are no pre-reqs to show up for sec club meetings, and each meeting will include some activities for beginners.
- Women in Computer Science (WICS)
- The CIS Women in Computer Science group (WICS) is a network for undergraduate and graduate women students, faculty, and staff in our department.