Registration ProcedureTo register for the Summer School, send your name, gender, and current academic status to the email below.
- If you have a PhD, also send your employer.
If you are enrolled in a graduate program, also send your institution.
Ask your advisor to send a short letter of recommendation to the email address.
In it, your advisor should include your educational background and goals that
justify your participation in the summerschool.
- If you want to apply for grant money to cover your housing expenses, please also include a statement detailing why you cannot obtain funding from other sources.
- If you are enrolled in a bachelor's program, also send your institution, and a brief description of your background and goals that justify your participation in the summerschool. Additionally, please have one professor send a brief recommendation on your behalf. The topics covered will be very technical and should be considered only by undergraduates who are well prepared in formal logic techniques.
- Others should send a brief description of your aptitude and interest in the summerschool. If possible, please send a recommendation from someone with a PhD in computer science, such as a boss, co-worker, or someone with which you have corresponded about computer science.
Email all registration materials to
Letters of reference should be sent directly to that address.
Materials should be received by April 4, 2016. Foreign participants should begin immediately to obtain travel documents.
The cost for registration is $230.00 (USD) for graduate students, $330.00 (USD) for post-docs and industry professionals. (These rates are kept low by the contributions of our sponsors.) Registration must be paid upon acceptance to the summer school, and is non-refundable. At that time, please indicate if you will not be requiring housing. By default, we will include you in the conference housing.
The school can provide housing and meals. To share a room with another student attending the school, the cost is $905.00 (USD) per person. There is an additional $185 (USD) charge for having an exclusive room. Plumbing facilities are shared. The price includes three meals per day at the University cafeteria. Housing rates are based on check-in after 5PM on Sunday, June 19, 2016 and check-out before noon on Sunday, July 3, 2016.
Other HousingThe following Hotels are within walking distance of campus:
PaymentPlease include your invoice number with your payment.
- Credit Card
International Wire Transfers
Check or Money Order
Send checks made out to "University of Oregon" in US dollars to
Jim Allen - OPLSS Department of Computer and Information Science 1202 University of Oregon Eugene OR 97403-1202
- During OPLSS, payments can also be made in person by cash, check, or money order.